Thursday 29 March 2007

Is it summer yet?




The last few days have seen us bathed in lovely warm sunshine and we have been getting out the t shirts and dusting down the barbie. Today though it's grey skies and rain so winter appears to be back.

Yesterday I took advantage of the sunshine and took daughter and grandaughter to Temple Newsam House to see the new lambs and other fluffy feathered creatures. GD was not overly inpressed with the animals but was in her element in the playgound especially on the swings. Note the look of concentration! That means she is enjoying herself!


When D and I had had enough , we decided to get an ice cream but lo and behold Leeds City Council, in their wisdom, have decided that they are only going to sell ice cream at weekends. So we had to make do with tea. Not the same at all on a hot day. We live in crazy times!


Back to the spinning now and I am plying my Alpaca and silk yarn. I am very pleased with the way it's turned out. Even though some of it is very fine, it is very strong and I can't break it easily with my hands. I hope to use it to weave, so the stronger the better. Will take a photo for posting next time.



Next project is to spin some cotton sliver using the fastest ratio! Will I be able to keep up?

No comments: