Monday 16 April 2007

Global warming




So here we are in Porthleven on Easter Sunday with the sun shining and a cold wind blowing. Yours truly with a nasty cold, caught from the dgd, but determined to get out and enjoy the wonderful weather that we are blessed with yet again. Do we get wonderful weather for our holidays because I am married to a lovely man who takes such good care of me? I don't know, but I'm sure it helps.

Lots of family stuff, cliff walks, birds, meals out and some shopping. Just a lovely relaxing time and such a pity it has to end.

The lovely warm weather seems to have brought the doom merchants out from the wood work. Where ever we went we found people who were moaning about the fact that the lovely weather was just another example of global warming. Everyone is now worried about the size of their carbon footprint?
Ours is not very big really, but are we are concerned and are always asking if we're doing enough.

Everyone is talking about global warming and what it means, but just because we have wonderfully warm sunny weather at Easter time, I don't think we have to start panicking quite yet. I remember Easter weather that was every bit as warm and sunny as the past week has been. Yes I know that the rate of climate change is something that has to concern us and also that we are much too fond of cars and aeroplanes for our own good, but geological history shows that our planet can look after itself. So do what you can to conserve, but don't forget to enjoy life too.
So no spinning for the last week or so, and now I need to get to grips with my cotton sliver. It is frustrating, but I'm determined. Watch this space!

No comments: