Monday 13 October 2008

Long time no work





So it's October and I have been retired for ten months! I don't know how I ever found the time to go to work as I appear to have been busier than ever. The spinning continues and I have made progress with the fancy yarns following an excellent course with Ruth Gough of Whingham Wools which was held in the Lake District. As usual, a wet August bank holiday, but at least there was time for lots of spinning! It was a great group of people, lovely food too, but I realised that I have passed beyond the communal bathroom so that was a bit of a trial.



And of course on the final day, the sun came out and gave us this!
Such wonderful light after a very dark and dismal few days.
Onto my next challenge water colour painting . The course started
at the end of September and I've had three lessons. No actual
pictures yet, but I am learning a lot about mixing colours and
different techniques.
A small tradegy on the bookshelf front meant we have had to
decorate my work room. It is now a lovely cream colour and I
am gradually moving all my stuff back in. We have decided not
to keep the wash basin, but have bought a second hand Belfast
sink from Ebay so I am waiting for the plumber to come and
install it. Then onto the dyeing!
Is there no end to this activity!

No comments: