Monday 1 February 2010

It's a long time!

I have been busy, so haven't posted here for a while. Well, more than a while, but I thought it would be good to start blogging here again.

One activity that has taken up a great deal of my time, is being Chairman of the Bradford Guild .  My term of office came to an end last weekend and I have to say that it is a relief! Acting as Chairman and speakerfinder was a real strain and I discovered that I am not really a committee person. Some of my fellow committee members were very helpful, but some were not and as I am so inexperienced in the way of these things, mistakes were made! However, everyone was very complementary and I got a lovely present so no harm done.

Having acquired a lovely Timbertops Leicester wheel, I feel guilty that I have done so little spinning over the summer. So I'm making up for lost time now as I'm spinning some wonderful Cashmere/ silk blend that I got from Adelaide Walker. Their service is excellent and their prices are very reasonable. I decided that it would probalby not be a good idea to dye the fibre before spinning it, so will spin first and dye later. I'm trying to spin it into a fine laceweight so I can knit a lovely drapey shawl! Photos will follow in due course!

No comments: