Thursday 10 January 2008

Time marches on

Oh dear! The days are passing and I am busy, but fast losing track of the days of the week and the date! It was only when I went to get my bus pass yesterday that I realised the date was the 9th of January! My dear sister's birthday! Shock horror, I had forgotten to post her card!


So I posted it and phoned to apologise. She was quite amused and was surprised that I was surprised it had happened! Note to self, cross off the days on the calendar and write everything down!!!


Then a visit to the DG and DGG in the afternoon. The latter covered in paint (washable Crayola paint sticks, marvellous!) and running around semi naked to ease the potty training! She has started pre school and is loving it. Her conversationional ability is expanding all the time, but still quaint. I keep forgetting to take my camera, so we are getting a bit behind with the photos. My new camera should be arriving later today or tomorrow, so there is likely to be a photofest this weekend!


Then there is the car! Sir has decided on the model, but we are finding it difficult to find one we can afford. Still it keeps him busy!


What joy! My camera has arrived a day early. It is very smart, but looks very complicated. You can just point and shoot, so I did and this is what I got!



More work on the Bernina. I have now successfully completed a T shirt with embroiderd motif for the DGG, a flower design on some Organza and am about to try my first motif on fleece. One thing has become apparent, and that is that the stabilisers you can buy don't always behave as described or how you want them to. My fusible wet and gone, didn't fuse and hasn't gone!

Motif now completed and looks good. The lettering has been swallowed up a bit by the fleece, but all in all I am pleased. Photo to come when completed, camera willing.

Someone coming to view the house this evening, so it's hoovering time!

No comments: