Friday 6 March 2009

It's official

The cough is back, but the Doc is on the case! The DG, that one child germ factory, has been passing on her surplus to us since before Christmas and finally I have been to see the Doc who has looked in my throat, looked quickly away and sent me off with antibiotics. So, although I am feeling wrecked, I am hoping that this time health will return!
In the meantime, yesterday and today have been lovely and sunny here and it is beginning to look as if Spring is on the way. Unlike Devon, where BS tells me that winter has returned with 12 feet of snow!

And in the garden..........






a flock of Redpolls with possibly some Siskins have been visiting our feeders morning and evening so I couldn't resist a photo. As it was taken through the window it's not very clear but you get the gist! We have been having lots of visitors lately. A male Blackcap, all the Tits, Mr and Mrs Bullfinch and the Jay. It now seems that Red Kites have moved into Roundhay and Horsforth, but not yet to Chapel Allerton.

Despite the poor state of health, fibre related activities have been ongoing. I have actually used my sink to dye some cotton fabric using Procion dyes. I did rather pack the fabric in so the colours are a bit pale. I think wishy washy is more appropriate than pastel, but there will be enough to make the quilt for the Linus project at Night Owls tomorrow.
The socks for the DG have also been completed. The fact that they are about four sizes too big is a bit of a nuisance, but she will grow into them!



And, best of all my newly acquired Timbertops spinning wheel has been fettled and polished and is spinning like a dream! Isn't it lovely!


So I am now off to cut a significant number of strips, squares and triangles in various colours from my dyed fabric in readiness for tomorrow. Then, it may be back to the sofa for a snooze this afternoon!






No comments: