Thursday 19 February 2009

New yarn



I have finished spinning the Blue Faced Leicester roving I dyed last summer. It has spun up into a very soft yarn, not too thin and there will probably be enough for a surprise birthday hat for DH. The colours are lovely and subtle and are reminiscent of the colours of sand and sea on the west coast of the Isle of Harris. So, I have decided to call the yarn Strond and of course if I had actually written down what I did, I could have repeated it! The photos, see above, don't show the true colours which are much greener, but it is very pretty.
So I have no excuse now for not going back to my cotton. Oh but wait, I still have to finish my fluffy mohair and my boucle. I also have a lot more BFL and Corriedale tops in my stash that are just begging to be dyed in the new sink! How can I disappoint them? Phew!!!

No comments: