Monday 8 October 2007

Too much information!


In the absence of arty crafty photos, I'm posting my latest photo of the dgd. Note the new shoes!!!


Visited the Fashion and Embroidery show in Harrogate on Saturday. There was so much to see and it was not as crowded as I had expected. There did not seem to be as many suppliers, but I suppose that is only to be expected given the number of similar shows around this time.


This one is really all about the exhibitors and there was almost too much to take in. I went on my own this year and that meant I had time to talk to people and as ususal all the textile artists were very willing to chat and share techniques even if you weren't buying.


Didn't take any photos. mainly because most artists don't like it, so a bit of a boring blog. Things I specially liked? Well Jane Hall's exquisite insects and butterflies and some design work for some new ideas; The International Feltmakers with my friend Sonia Middleton making pebbles with wool tops and foam; the Bead work exhibition and so on and on. I picked up a leaflet for the Shaun the Sheep Picknit and loved the knitted gingerbread house. Knitting it seems is big these days!!!


That reminds me, I must now finish the shrug for the dgd. I have finished the knitting, and it just needs sewing up. Then I must finish my postcard. All this talk about displacement activity leads me to confess that there has been no progress on the cotton spinning front, but I will do it, sometime honest.

No comments: